What is a Street Team?
A street team is a group of volunteers who help promote an author’s books. I look to keep my street team at not less than 10, and not more than 20 people who share an interest in mysteries, typically cozies, though a Romantic Suspense or two may pop up. Occasionally I will have a non-fiction book or short story as well. Members of my Street Team will receive a free copy of my ebook to promote in various ways:
- On your social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, your own website, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.);
- Handing out bookmarks, postcards, or other promotional materials (I will provide them);
- Word of mouth;
- Posting reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and on your website if you publish book reviews;
- Requesting my books from area libraries;
- Members of my Street Team who are interested in being a beta reader can email me directly.
In return for your invaluable participation, you will receive:
- A chance to participate in a giveaway at the end of month of each book release. This giveaway will be something other than my own book (i.e., gift card, swag, etc.) For now U.S. residents only please.
- I will share information regarding upcoming books, book cover reveals, etc.
- I will reciprocate. If you are an author and would like to visit my blog to promote your release or if you have a street team you’d like me to join, contact me at email@example.com.
Life is busy. If you don’t have the time to be on my Street Team but would like newsletter information, sign up for Rhonda’s Novel Journey Newsletter here.
I look forward to working with my Team.