Why does something that’s so healthy, so good, so necessary, elicit such enormous fear? In fact, the only certainty in life is change, and while comfort typically accompanies certainty, that’s not so when it involves change. In reality, the beauty of it is we have the power to determine what changes we make, changes that will take us where we want to go and make us who we want to be.
- Caterpillars change into butterflies.
- Green leaves change to reds, oranges, yellows, purples.
- Winter changes to spring changes to summer changes to fall…
- Acquaintances change into friendships.
- Seeds planted grow/change into healthy vegetables and brilliant flowers.
- A date between the right people changes/grows into love.
- A broken heart (can) change into a valuable lesson learned and can lead into a healthier relationship.
We change our minds, our jobs, our situation, and our goals.
Change is what allows us to grow, to follow dreams and change course when we’ve veered off. Change is our hope when we feel we have none and the light in the darkness. It’s change that gives us second—and third and fourth—chances when we blow the first. It’s what we can hold onto and count on when we feel defeated. Change isn’t out of our control, it is in our control. And it’s in our control how we use change. It’s the one thing we can count on.
How are you going to use change to turn the world around you into the world in which you want to live? The opportunities are endless. Go forward and change what you don’t like into what you do. Change what isn’t working for you into what does.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi