- I got a huge sense of accomplishment by completing my hourly goal.
- Enjoyed “campfire talk” with my cabinmates.
- Met some new amazingly kind, fun, fellow writers.
- Established a solid writing practice.
- Discovered that no matter how busy I am (April was one of my busiest months ever), I can always find time to write–even if it’s only 15 minutes to check in with my project.
So long as you write what you wish to write, that is all that matters; and whether it matters for ages or only for hours, nobody can say. ― Virginia Woolf
This is what separates artists from ordinary people: the belief, deep in our hearts, that if we build our castles well enough, somehow the ocean won’t wash them away. I think this is a wonderful kind of person to be. ― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life (This book, BTW, is one of the greatest writing books ever written.)